Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pasta Sauce

Yield: 2-3 Servings
 
Low Sodium Pasta Sauce
 
 
 
 
Ingredients
1 small onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 28oz. can whole peeled plum tomatoes (no salt added)
2 tbsp. regular ketchup (this is the only sodium added)
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. safflower oil
2 tsp. homemade chili powder  (salt free)
 
Directions
Sauté onion and garlic in oil until translucent.
Add beef and brown. Drain excess fat.
Drain tomatoes and add to browned meat.
Cook for about 15 minutes, the tomatoes will begin to break down.
You can use a wooden spoon to break the tomatoes down even more.
Add seasonings and spices, cook for an additional 20 minutes on low.
 
I use safflower oil because I love the flavor and texture, but you can use your favorite.
I do not add extra salt to this recipe, the only salt content comes from the ketchup.
 
 
Enjoy over your favorite pasta!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!
I enjoy each and every comment I receive and I try to reply to every one I receive.
Blessings Always.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.