Thursday, January 9, 2014

Savory French Toast

Yield: Two Pieces
 
Savory French Toast
 
 
 
 
Ingredients
2 Slices of 35 Calorie Whole Wheat Bread
1 Lg. Egg + 1 Egg White
2 tsp. dried parsley
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
 
~Toppings~
2 tbsp. salsa
1 tbsp. shredded cheddar
Olive Oil Spray
 
Directions
Heat a large pan on med-low and spray with non-stick!
In a small bowl (large enough for the bread to fit), whisk together the egg, parsley, garlic and onion.
Soak each slice of bread on both sides until all of the egg is absorbed.
Cook bread until light and fluffy.
(center will begin to puff up)
Top with cheddar and salsa.
 
Enjoy!
 
* I don't add any extra salt, did you know that eggs already naturally have enough in them?
Don't believe me? Check the nutrition label!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!
I enjoy each and every comment I receive and I try to reply to every one I receive.
Blessings Always.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.